- Preheat your oven to 160C
- Get all your ingredients together and easily to hand. You may want to measure before you start or do it as you go along. Whatever works best for you!
- Line a baking tin with baking paper or grease it with butter using a bit of foil
- Cream together your butter and sugar
- Crack eggs in a separate bowl and beat them
- Gradually add the eggs and flour a bit at a time and stir until smooth
- Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and almond milk and stir until smooth once again
- Break the chocolate bars up into little chunks and add them into the mixture and stir until evenly distributed
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin and spread evenly
- Put in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes. Keep checking them and stick in a skewer or knife and pull out to see what it’s like on the inside. I baked mine for about 40 minutes for a firm but still slightly gooey texture. Sprinkle icing sugar on top to finish if you like!
They were sooo intensely chocolatey due to the dark chocolate and generous dose of cocoa powder. They didn’t last long. I think my boyfriend and I had about two a day. Delicious! Mmmm. Makes me sad they’re all gone now and I want to make them all over again! I’ve also since made Rocky Road and Pecan and Cranberry Flapjacks which were both delicious too. Seriously getting my bake on. All ready for the brand new series of The Great British Bake Off starting tonight! Never fails to make my mouth water and tummy rumble…
Happy baking. And eating!
Follow me on Bloglovin!